By far the most common question I get from my readers is how to save and invest for the long-term.
It’s a big, intimidating topic for a few reasons.
- First, you have to figure out how much to save and how to fit it within an already tight budget.
- Then you have to figure out how to invest. Which types of accounts should you use? Which funds should you choose within your 401(k)? Should you open an IRA? If so, where?
- If you go out in search of help, you’ll find a lot of investment advice that’s littered strange terminology that can leave you feeling confused and insecure more than anything else.
Well, I don’t want you to be confused anymore. I want you to be able to create an investment plan that not only helps you reach your biggest personal goals, but that you understand and believe in.
So today I’m excited to announce the release of The New Parents’ Guide to Financial Independence, a book that answers all your biggest questions about investing and walks you step-by-step through the process of creating your personal investment plan and putting it in place.
This book was inspired by your questions and was written with you in mind. If you’re looking for a single resource that will help you get your investment plan on track, this is it.
Let me tell you a little bit about it.
What this book will help you do
My goal for this book is simple: I want to empower you to use your money in a way that gives you the freedom to live a life you enjoy.
Isn’t that what it’s all about? It’s never really about earning better returns or watching your account balances grow (although those things are nice!).
It’s really about your life and how you want to live it. Investing is just one tool that can help you make that life possible.
But it’s a powerful tool and you deserve to be able to use it well. With that in mind, here’s what this book will help you do:
- Set clear, specific goals about the life you want to build.
- Figure out how much you need to save in order to reach those goals.
- Create an investment plan that not only works, but that you understand and believe in.
- Avoid the major mistakes that hold most people back.
It doesn’t matter where you’re starting from or how much you know about investing. This book makes it easy to start building a better future today.
What this book will teach you
Whether you’re brand new to investing or you already have pieces of a plan in place, one of the biggest challenges is figuring out how to navigate all of the different decisions you have to make.
Which decisions matter most? Which ones don’t matter at all? Which ones should you make first? How can you make them well? And how do they all fit together?
My goal with The New Parents’ Guide to Financial Independence is to strip away the confusion and make it all as easy as possible. The book explains in detail WHY each decision either matters or doesn’t, which ones to focus on FIRST, and HOW to make them well.
By the end of the book you’ll not only have an investment plan in place, but you will understand exactly why each piece matters and how it all fits together.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Why financial independence is a better goal than retirement and why you can start living a life you enjoy much sooner than most personal finance advice would have you believe.
- How to set meaningful personal goals that lead to a happier, more fulfilling life.
- How to set a specific monthly savings target based on your personal goals and your current savings.
- The detailed pros and cons of all the different types of savings and investment accounts so that you can figure out which accounts are best for your specific situation.
- The five fundamental truths that answer the question “what matters when it comes to investing?”
- A complete overview of the investment strategy I use and recommend to my clients.
- A step-by-step process for taking all the information covered above and putting your personal investment plan in place.
- How to avoid the biggest mistake that most investors make.
It’s everything I’ve learned about investing – from my professional training, my personal experience, and from working one-on-one with clients – boiled down to just the essential information you need to get your personal plan on the right track.
Who this book IS and is NOT for
While The New Parents’ Guide to Financial Independence has a ton of helpful information, the truth is that it’s not for everyone.
Here are some quick guidelines to help you decide.
This book is NOT for…
Anyone who wants to learn how to pick stocks, time the market, or find the next hot tech company.
Anyone who’s looking to get rich quick.
Anyone looking who wants a fancy or complicated investment strategy.
If you’re looking for an effective investment strategy that’s backed up by the best academic research we have to date, you’ll like what you find. If you’re looking for something sexy you can brag about at a cocktail party, you probably won’t.
This book IS for…
Anyone whose primary focus is on building a happier life, and for whom investing is simply one way to do that.
Anyone who recognizes that there is no easy button, but there ARE tried-and-true strategies that have worked for decades.
Anyone who would like to build a better financial future, no matter where you’re starting from.
Anyone who wants an easy-to-understand, step-by-step guide to putting their personal investment plan in place.
Two special offers and how to get the book
If you’d like to learn more about investing and how you can use it to build a better financial future, I have two special offers to help you take the next step.
First, I’m offering a limited-time 25% discount for anyone who is ready to start improving their financial situation now. The discount will only be available through the end of the day on Thursday, June 11 (which is just 2 days away).
Second, if at any time you are unsatisfied with the book, you can simply shoot me an email and ask for a refund. No time limit. No questions asked. If you don’t find it helpful, you don’t have to pay. (Though I think you’ll find it helpful.)
Here’s how you can get the book and take advantage of the 25% discount:
- Go to this page: https://momanddadmoney.com/fi-guide.
- Click one of the Buy Now buttons.
- In the payment box, enter STARTNOW into the Offer code field.
- Enter your payment information and the book is yours for 25% off!
Do you want a better investment plan?
If you’ve been following me for a little while and found my advice to be helpful, The New Parents’ Guide to Financial Independence is simply a more detailed and comprehensive version of that.
It’s the best investment advice I have to offer, put together in a single resource with all the essential information you need to get your personal plan on the right track.
If you’re ready to start building a better financial future, The New Parents’ Guide to Financial Independence will help you do it.