TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR FINANCIAL FUTURE
As a parent, you’re balancing a lot of financial responsibilities and you face a lot of pressure to make the right decisions. But it doesn’t have to be a struggle. As a fee-only Certified Financial Plannertm and the father of two young boys myself, I can help you create a plan that allows you to:
- Pay your bills and handle unexpected expenses with ease.
- Save ahead for the future goals you want to achieve.
- All while enjoying yourself today and spending money on the things that matter.
If you’d like to work with a professional who understands what you’re going through and can help you build a better financial future, you’re in the right place.
You Don’t Have to Go It Alone
Whether you’re just starting out and feeling overwhelmed, or you’ve already built a strong financial foundation and want to know what’s next, I can help you take the next step.
I offer three levels of service so that you can get the right amount of guidance no matter what stage you’re in.
- Jump Start Session – A 60 minute, name-you-own-price planning session designed to answer your biggest questions and plot out your next steps so that you can put you and your family on the right path.
- Financial Foundation Program – A 6-month relationship where we go in-depth on your entire financial situation, creating and implementing your financial plan together. Topics include cash flow, investments, savings, insurance, debt repayment, estate planning, employee benefits, and anything else that’s important to you.
- Financial Life Program – Your life is continually changing, and this service ensures that you always have a trusted financial resource in your corner. We work together on an ongoing basis to make sure that your financial decisions are always working in support of the life you want to build.
Level 1: Jump Start Session
You deserve to get personalized financial advice at a price you can afford, and that’s why I offer the Jump Start Session.
The Jump Start Session is pay-what-you-can, meaning you set the price based on what you think is fair and what you can afford to pay.
Then we meet for an hour, focusing on the topics that are most important to you, identifying the most efficient ways for you to reach your goals, and laying out the specific action steps needed to get there.
Afterwards, I follow up with a written summary of my recommendations so that you know exactly what you need to do next to improve your financial situation.
You have a lot you want to do with your family now. And you have a lot you want to do in the future.
Together we can find the right balance so that you can make progress towards those future goals while still enjoying yourself today.
What Will We Cover?
Any and all financial topics are on the table. This session is all about helping you make progress on the things you care about most.
But here’s a quick list of potential topics we could discuss:
- Balancing your monthly expenses with saving for the future, while leaving room to enjoy yourself today
- Creating a specific savings plan for things like buying a house or building an emergency fund
- Paying off your student loans as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Switching to a single income
- Investing and saving for retirement, including which accounts to use and which investments to choose
- Saving for your child’s future, including 529 plans and other college savings account recommendations
- Evaluating your need for life and disability insurance
- Wills and other estate planning needs
If you’d like financial guidance from a professional at a price you can afford, click the button below to get started.
Level 2: Financial Foundation Program
Over the course of 6 months we work together to create and implement a plan that covers your entire financial life.
The overarching goal is to align your financial plan with your personal goals and values, striking a balance between building financial security, saving for the future, and allowing you to enjoy yourself today.
Your plan is tailored to address the issues that are most important to you, but here’s an outline of what’s commonly included:
- Client Dashboard – You get access to a portal that organizes all of your financial information in one place and makes it easy for us to collaborate.
- Goal Setting – We look at both your personal and financial goals and prioritize them together so that you know exactly what you’re working towards.
- Cash Flow Analysis – We review your current spending and savings patterns to ensure that your money is going towards the things you care about most.
- Savings Plan – We create a plan that specifies how much to save for each of your financial goals over the next few years and where to put those savings in order to balance both return and safety.
- Retirement and Investment Plan – We determine your monthly savings goal and create a long-term investment plan, including the specific investments to use across your multiple accounts.
- College Savings Plan – We create a plan that includes how much to save, which accounts to use, and how to invest.
- Debt Payoff Plan – We determine which debts to pay off first and how much money to put towards each. With student loans, I help you make decisions around consolidation, refinancing, and choosing a repayment plan.
- Employee Benefits Review – I show you how to take maximum advantage of the benefits available to you and stop wasting money on benefits that aren’t helping you.
- Life and Disability Insurance Analysis – We determine the exact amount of coverage you need and analyze your existing policies. If you need to apply for more coverage, I connect you with my fantastic team of independent insurance advisors and walk through the entire process with you.
- Estate Plan Analysis – I review your current estate planning documents, make recommendations when updates are needed, and refer you to a local estate planning attorney.
Price: 6 payments of $399
How Do I Start?
The first step is signing up for a Jump Start Session, which is a 60-minute, pay-what-you-can meeting designed to help you make quick progress towards your biggest financial goals.
At the end of that session you may feel like you’ve gotten all the advice you need and head on your way. Or you may want the extra input and guidance that comes with a full financial plan, in which case the work we’ve already done will put us in a better position that make that successful.
Either way, you’ll have what you need to take the next step towards a better financial future.
Level 3: Financial Life Program
Most clients find that they want additional guidance beyond the Financial Foundation Program. After all, no financial plan is ever really “done”. Your goals will change, your circumstances will change, and there will always be more financial decisions that need to be made.
The Financial Life Program is designed to guide you through all of those changes and help you make the right financial decisions so that you can build a life and raise your family in a way that makes you happy. Here’s a quick overview of how it works:
- Initially, we focus on any open items leftover from our work during the Financial Foundation Program. We continue to meet monthly until that work is completed.
- Once your plan has been fully implemented, we transition to a regular schedule of meeting every 6 months to check in, see what new goals you have, and adjust your plan as needed.
- In between those regular meetings, I am available to help at any time with anything that comes up. You can think of me as your financial support staff.
- I also regularly monitor your financial situation and proactively reach out whenever there is an opportunity you should be taking advantage of. This includes keeping an eye on your savings, investments, insurance, and employee benefits to make sure that everything stays on track.
This relationship is all about making sure that your finances continue to support the life you want to live. Because while money is never the end goal, consistently making good financial decisions will allow you to create a happier, healthier, more enjoyable life for your entire family.
Price: Ranges from $199 to $499 per month.
How Do I Start?
The Jump Start Session is always the first step. This is a 60-minute planning session designed to answer your biggest questions and plot out your next steps, after which we can decide whether it makes sense to continue with a more comprehensive relationship.
You can begin the process of setting up a Jump Start Session by clicking the button below.